MicroCat® products are microbial formulations which are applied to start-up, restore or enhance biological degradation processes. The application of microbial formulations to achieve these goals is known as “bioaugmentation”
MicroCat stands for Microbial Catalyst.
MicroCat products are mixtures of safe, natural ingredients. These include microorganisms (bacteria and fungi), enzymes, wetting agents, nutrients, adsorbents and buffers. MicroCat products are available in dry powder, liquid and solid form.
The MicroCat products are applied for problem solving in water, soil, sludge and air treatment. Applications comprise; odour control, wastewater treatment activation and optimisation, soil and groundwater remediation, kitchen drain & grease trap maintenance, oil water separator maintenance, sewer and pumping station maintenance, composting, agriculture and aquaculture.
Benefits of MicroCat® use:
- Environmental friendly and natural products
- Eliminate Fat, Oil and Greases (FOG)
- Reduce H2S odours and corrosion
- Reduce BOD, Suspended Solids, COD and ammonium (NH4+) & nitrate (NO3–) concentrations
- Increases the biodegradation of (persistent) organics
- Reduces the growth of filamentous bacteria in wastewater treatments
- Reduce wastewater treatment sludge mass
- Improves sludge settling
- Improve operational efficiency
- Cost effective
- Reduces the environmental liability
Industrial and municipal wastewater treatment
- Start-up & restart of biological installations
- Improvement of nitrification/dentrification
- Optimisation of BOD removal
- Degradation of toxic compounds
- Improved sludge settling/ Filamentous bacteria elimination
- Reduction of H2S
- Sludge volume and mass reduction
- Drain, Grease Trap, Sewer Line cleaning & maintenance
- Biodegradation of FOG in drains, traps, sewer lines and pumping stations
- Prevention of H2S formation in force main sewers
- Oil-water separator maintenance
- Septic tank & small scale treatment plant start-up and maintenance
- Odour control
- Drain and sewer networks
- Animal manure
- Soil & Groundwater bioremediation
- Stimulation of biodegradation in in- & ex-situ bioremediation projects
- Agri- & Aqua culture
- Ammonium reduction in pig- & poultry stables
- Liquification of solidified animal manure
- Algae control in ponds
- Water treatment in commercial fish and shrimp farms
What do MicroCat® Bioaugmentation products do?
Our products and services are based on the latest commercially available advances in biotechnology designed to meet the requirements of specific waste treatment problems. Each prescribed augmentation program is based on an engineering analysis of the specific treatment system. The augmentation program combines the appropriate microbial species with dosage recommendations and process adjustments to effect a cost-effective solution
. . . and Complementary Services . . .
Our services are designed to complement our product offerings in order to solve the most complex waste treatment problems. Our support staff and fully equipped laboratory facilities are available to provide a wide range of services, including: Microscopic Examinations, Chemical Analyses, Treatability Testing, Toxicity Testing, and Process Design.
Highly trained and experienced scientists, the laboratory and the production facilities together with the practical expertise gained during decades of bioaugmentation applications by our technical sales staff are ready to support you 24 hours a day !!
Where do MicroCat® microbes come from?
Are they safe?
Can they “Take over” and cause new problems?
Are regular maintenance doses required?
Are MicroCat products expensive to use?
No. MicroCat® products are cheap in use and in most cases much cheaper than alternative methods to solve problems. Bioaugmentation with MicroCat® products can replace hazardous chemicals and even help to increase the capacity of the wastewater treatment plant to avoid costly physical adjustments.