gPRO-iLS Groundwater Bioremediation
gPRO®-iLS High capacity gas infusion system for optimization of aerobic and anaerobic aquifer bioremediation
The groundwater Pressurized Remediation Optimizer (gPRO®) High Pressure (HP) system, based on inVentures patented Gas inFusion technology, inFuses higher stabilized concentrations of dissolved gas into water compared to any other technology. For superb bioremediation results, inFusion is accomplished without additives such as hydrogen peroxide, ozone or other agents with potentially harmful side effects. The technology acts the same as Mother Nature, transferring gases naturally by diffusion across large surface
areas and incorporates the constant movement of water past the gas surface maximizing transfer.
gPRO®-iLS is a gas delivery technology, based on the gPRO®-HP technology, capable of infusing high amounts of dissolved gas into liquids under pressure. The gPRO®-iLS system can be used to infuse gas (for example oxygen) into water in a tank which then can be injected into the aquifer; or infuse water that has been pumped out of an aquifer and treated ex-situ and then re-injected back into the aquifer; or retrofitted to a pump and treat system significantly shorten time to site closure. Infusion is accomplished without additives such as hydrogen peroxide, ozone or other agents with potentially harmful side effects.
The gPRO®-iLS consists out of 2 parts: gPRO®-iLS production and gPRO®-iLS delivery unit.
- The gas cylinder or oxygen generator supplies gas which fills up the inside of the hollow fibers
- Pressurized water flows around the outside of the hollow fibers
- Mass transfer occurs in which gas dissolves in the water
- For a gas like oxygen dissolved gas concentrations of 25 to 150 mg/l can be achieved
- Dissolved gas concentrations can be adjusted based on specific requirements
- The gPRO®-iLS manifold allows for distribution to an unlimited number of infiltration filters
- The pressure is controlled to allow for bubble free release
- gPRO®-iLS release process ensures that the gas does not come out of solution
The gPRO®-iLS gr is suitable for a wide range of groundwater contaminations
The gPRO®-iLS is an easy to use bioremediation system which consumes little energy and requires little maintenance. It is employable for both aerobic and anaerobic bioremediation programs for a wide range of organic and inorganic contaminants:
- Petroleum Hydrocarbons (Oxygen)
- MTBE (Oxygen)
- Chlorinated solvents (Vinyl Chloride) (Oxygen)
- Ammonium (Oxygen)
- Chlorinated solvents (TCE, PCE, CIS, VC) (Hydrogen)
- Nitrate (Hydrogen)
- Perchlorate (Hydrogen)
- Chrome 6 (Hydrogen or Hydrogen Sulphide)
The gPRO®-iLS can also be used to correct the pH of the aquifer by injecting carbon dioxide (CO2) or ammonium (NH4+) injection and for the removal of free phase product by injection of a supersaturated CO2/water solution.
For more information contact us to inform how the gPRO®-iLS can help remediate your aquifer contamination.